Since inception date: September 7, 1989
Portfolio adviser: Foyston, Gordon and Payne Inc.
Total value on January 31, 2020: $25.3 Million
Eligible for registered plans: Yes
Minimum initial investment*: $1,000
Minimum subsequent investment: $100
Fund code: TMI002
*The $1,000 minimum is waived in cases where the investor sets up a regular pre-authorized debit plan from his/her bank account. It is also waived in cases where parents or grandparents establish an in trust account for a minor.
The Fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of Government of Canada, provincial/municipal government and investment grade Canadian corporate bonds. In addition, up to 30% of the portfolio may be invested in dividend paying equity securities, such as common shares and preferred shares of Canadian companies and real estate investment trusts.
Any change in these fundamental investment objectives would require the approval of unit holders of this Fund.
As at January 31, 2020
May be suitable for investors who:
• Seek a regular income from their investment
• Seek a diversified income fund that will provide moderate capital growth
• Are willing to accept a low level of risk
Risks of Investing in the Fund
- Active management risk, asset-backed securities and mortgage-backed securities risk, convertible securities risk, credit risk, equity risk, exchange-traded fund risk, floating rate note risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, real estate companies and investment trusts risk, regulatory risk, small company risk, specific issuer risk, tax policy risk
- Refer to the Simplified Prospectus for more details
Performance: Period Ending January 31, 2020
To view rates of return click here.
To view the Quarterly Reports on the Fund click here.