Tradex Global Equity Fund
To achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in closed-end funds whose investments are principally in a diversified portfolio of equity securities of issuers based in any country.
As at August 31, 2023
Investing in Tradex Global Equity Fund
Established in 1999, the Tradex Global Equity Fund caters to investors who are seeking long term growth through a focus on stocks across global markets, including North America, Europe and Asia. The Fund portfolio is managed by City of London Investment Management Company Limited and their investment approach involves deciding which of the world’s stock markets, industry sectors and currencies have the best potential rate of return. Among the key economic and financial indicators studied are industrial production, short-term interest rates, the consumer price indices, balance of payments data, gross domestic product data, commodity prices, and foreign exchange rates.
MAY BE SUITABLE FOR MEDIUM TO LONG TERM INVESTORS WHO ARE:
- Seeking to invest in a broad range of foreign stocks
- Able to handle the ups and downs of the stock market
- Willing to accept the foreign currency risk of investing in foreign stocks
- Willing to accept a medium level of risk
Risks of investing in the Fund
- Active management risk, commodity risk, derivative risk (forward contracts), equity risk, exchange-traded fund risk, foreign currency risk, foreign security risk, liquidity risk, real estate companies and investment trusts risk, regulatory risk, securities lending risk, small company risk, specific issuer risk, tax policy risk
- Refer to the Simplified Prospectus for more details
Performance: Period Ending August 31, 2023
To view rates of return click here.
To view the Quarterly Reports on the Fund click here.
To view the Simplified Prospectus, Fund Facts or other Regulatory Documents, click here.
Since inception date:
May 7, 1999
Portfolio adviser: City of London Investment Management Company Limited
Total value on August 31, 2023: $47.72 Million
Eligible for registered plans: Yes
Minimum initial investment*: $1,000
Minimum subsequent investment: $100
Fund code: TMI003
*The $1,000 minimum is waived in cases where the investor sets up a regular pre-authorized debit plan from his/her bank account. It is also waived in cases where parents or grandparents establish an in trust account for a minor.