Tradex Equity Fund Limited
To achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in a diversified portfolio of common shares of Canadian companies plus shares from companies in the United States and other countries.
As at May 29, 2020
Low Cost Equity Fund
Started in April 1960, the Tradex Equity Fund Limited is one of the oldest mutual funds in Canada. Serving those who seek long-term growth, our equity fund portfolio is managed by Philips, Hager & North (PH&N; a division of RBC Global Asset Management Inc) The strategy of the fund is to build positions in high quality growing companies. The fund can be aggressive in the sense of stock and sector concentration and will own a relatively high level of small cap stocks when desirable. The fund will generally be fully invested.
MAY BE SUITABLE FOR MEDIUM TO LONG-TERM INVESTORS WHO ARE:
- Seeking to invest in a broad range of Canadian and global companies
- Able to handle the ups and downs of the stock market
- Willing to accept a medium level of risk
- Wish to access a low-cost, mutual equity fund through an investor-owned company that serves Ottawa, Quebec and B.C.
Risks of investing in the Fund
- Active management risk, commodity risk, derivative risk (forward contracts), equity risk, exchange-traded fund risk, foreign currency risk, foreign security risk, liquidity risk, real estate companies and investment trusts risk, regulatory risk, securities lending risk, small company risk, specific issuer risk, tax policy risk
- Refer to the Simplified Prospectus for more details
Performance: Period Ending May 29, 2020
To view rates of return click here.
To view the Quarterly Reports on the Fund click here.
To view the Simplified Prospectus, Fund Facts or other Regulatory Documents, click here.
April 11, 1960
Portfolio adviser: Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management
Total value on May 29, 2020: $114 Million
Eligible for registered plans: Yes
Minimum initial investment*: $1,000
Minimum subsequent investment: $100
Fund code: TMI001
Volatility: Low to Medium
*The $1,000 minimum is waived in cases where the investor sets up a regular pre-authorized debit plan from his/her bank account. It is also waived in cases where parents or grandparents establish an in trust account for a minor.